To become familiar with the strict requirements for the potential discharges from the vessels and to guide for the correct implementations. This course gives ideas for the below topics and covers the documentation, training and inspection requirements.
- What is VGP?
- Why and when are we subject to this training?
- Who is it for?
- Which resources can be used for VGP?
- What is needed to meet the requirements?
- What are the general and vessel specific requirements?
- What are the records related to VGP?
- What are the inspection procedures for VGP?
- What are the training needs for VGP?
- What is corrective action?
- If any breach is occured related to VGP what are the sanctions?
- How is non conformities reported?
- What is the relation of with the other regulations
- Introduction to VGP
- Discharge Operations
- VGP Practices
- Special Requirements for tankers
- Bunkering Operations
- Ballast Operations
- Office Personnel Responsibilities
- Vessels Personnel
Depending on the participants’ background and knowledge of the subject. Average time is 2 hours for CBT module , 1 hour for documents and 1/2 hour for practical exercise.
- USA EPA, VGP 2013