Beginning January 2013 the IMO adopted amendments to MARPOL which made Shipboard Energy Efficiency Management Plans (SEEMP) applicable for all vessels above 400 gross tons. This video introduces key elements of SEEMP, and demonstrates activities that lead to fuel savings.
- Gives a brief background on the evolution of the concept of “Energy Saving” for ships
- States the statutory requirements for the ships
- Graphically illustrates some energy-saving measures on board
- Depicts some IMO recommendations for KPI
- Explains the concept of “Virtual Arrival” for commercial operations
- Illustrates the participation of shipboard management team in shipboard energy efficiency measures