To learn MLC requirements and proper implementations
- Background to MLC requirements
- Application of the ILO MLC
- Detailed description of operational requirements
- Flag State Responsibilities
- Links with existing regulations
- Implementation issues
- Best Management Practices
- Port State Control procedures
Depending on the participants’ background and knowledge of the subject. Average time is 2 hours for CBT module and practical exercise.
The MLC, 2006 was adopted by government, employer and worker representatives at a special ILO International Labour Conference, in February 2006, to provide international standards for the world’s first genuinely global industry. A Maritime Labour Certificate (MLC) and a Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance (DMLC) is required to ensure compliance with the Convention for all ships above 500 tons in international trade.
- TMSA 3 – 3A
This course is based on the guidelines given in MLC, IMO & Flag Guidelines