Follow the events leading up to a fatal accident aboard the “M/T Mimick” as her crew disregards company QSMS regulations. Watch as the investigation unfolds, in detail. See the events above and inside the tanks that were determined to be the cause of the explosion. What could have prevented this costly mishap? Implement these lessons into your own QSMS to avoid costly disasters such as this one.
- Highly detailed step-by-step recreation of a fatal methanol fire aboard a modern tanker as non-compliance errors cost crew their lives.
- Corrective actions implemented by management after this accident.
- Steps to take to avoid this fatal disasters. Real-time footage as events unfold both above and below deck contributing to this untimely event.
- Time-saving tactics should have been avoided while performing daily routines on board this light-ship tanker in ballast mode.
- Examine the vulnerability of the human being in shipboard accidents.