- To increase awareness of the hazards of electricity
- To become familiar with the special practices for tankers
- To became familiar with the operation and maintenance of ex-proof devices
- To increase awareness about the hazards of high voltage and safe maintenance practices
- Electrical Definitions
- Electrical Accidents and Hazards
- General Electrical Safety
- Special Practices for Tankers
- Gas Groups and Temperature Classes
- Operation and Maintenance of Electronic and Electrical Systems Operating in Flammable Areas(Ex-Proof Devices)
- Maintenance Requirements
- High Voltage Safety
- Operation and Maintenance of High Voltage Systems
Depending on the participants’ background and knowledge of the subject. Average time is 3,5 hours for CBT module and practical exercise.
Work on electrical equipments and electrical systems is considered as a specialised work and must be carried out only by qualified personnel from the ship’s staff. It should be ensured that the people doingthe work, in compliance with regulations in force and with adequate safety precautions in place.
- STCW Code A-III/1, A–III/2, A-III/6 and A-III/7