The aim of this course is to explain seafarers how to assist/support to Cargo Officers in the Cargo operations of Chemical Tankers , including oil and chemical tanker safety, fire safety measures and systems, pollution prevention, operational practice and obligations under applicable laws and regulations.
- Properties and hazards of cargo
- Ship type and arrangements
- Cargo equipment and instrumentation
- Safety precaution and measures
- Ship/shore interface
- Emergency operations
- Rules and regulation
- Ship design and cargo containment
- Cargo handling system
- Cargo handling and ballast operation
- Tank cleaning operations
Depending on the participants’ background and knowledge of the subject. Average time is 6 hours for all CBT modules and practical exercise.
Company Specific Requirements
- CDI 1.3.16
This course is based on the guidelines of STCW Regulation V/1-1-5, Chapter V, table A-V/1-1-3 and IMO model course 1.01