MTR is in your service with Resilience Training Support Program…
Resilience Training Support Program, which we developed for the purpose of solving the encountered difficulties during practicing the Resilience trainings, is in service.
Reflective Learning / Problem Based Learning is an Education System which is a teaching strategy for critical thinking. The method involves trainees thinking about what they have read, done or learned.
The Interactive Training relates the topics to participants’ own experiences by establishing a link between training topics and real life. It is much more than just memorizing some facts, formulas or dates. It improves the participation ratio of the trainees and provides an opportunity for building up imagination and creativity which allows a brain storming between the students.
Reflective Learning improves the ability for reaching the information and allows effective and beneficial learning platform due to small amount of student groups.
Reflective Learning is having an important place in the marine sector day by day and is being a part of the personal improvement for the seafarers. According to received feedbacks, some practical difficulties are being encountered during applying the Resilience Trainings which is a part of the Reflective Learning. The practical difficulties could be compiled as below:
• Lack of knowledge of the mentality for the training system by facilitators both on Ship and Shore Side
• Repeating sessions and seeing those sessions as an extra workload
• Difficulty to reach the resources due to disorganized data
• Insufficiency of the planning, record keeping, feedbacking, analysing and reporting issues
• Insufficient reflection for providing an effective training and “arouse curiosity” emotion benefits
In order to minimize the mentioned lameness, we, as the MTR Team, are providing the following solution programs in order to increase the effectiveness and productivity of the trainings.
1- Arranging an awareness seminar for the both shore & ship’s staff regarding the “Resilience Training Support Program”. The content of the program will be consisting of;
* General Orientation for Resilience Program
* Company Responsibilities
* Ship Visits and Reporting (Major Visits and Reflective Learning Videos)
* Ship’s Responsibilities
* LET and Resilience Modules
* Sample Session and Reporting
2- All available Resilience Trainings are being integrated to the MTR online training platform which makes the system much more effective and easier to monitor. LET and Resilience modules are being converted to the scenario based trainings. As per your requirements, following features will be available over MTR online platform;
* Setting the Fleet Resilience Training Schedule
* Integrating the schedule with the MTR training platform which allows you to collect all necessary data & documents under a single roof
* Creating a new record for each individual trainings and visits
* Providing an evaluation for the participants and establishing a trend analyse system with the created evaluations (TMSA Element 3.2)
* Scripting the Learning Engagement Tool topics in order to increase the participation rate of the students
* Establishing preventive actions by scripting an imaginary and memorable scenario for the marine casualty investigations.
3- “Onboard Resilience Awareness and Practical Training Program” is also available for the customers who will need effective and continuous 3rd party onboard trainings.
We, as MTR Team, are familiar and have an effective infrastructure / background for the Reflective Learning. We completely believe that RESILIENCE is one of the most important training concept in maritime industry and we believe that it will open new windows, will change and lead the training style onboard in the future.
In order to find more detailed info regarding the MTR’s approach on this issue, its solution packets and requisition of proposal, please do not hesitate to contact us.